Consolidated Electric Cooperative is a nonprofit, member-owned and controlled organization serving the needs of nearly 16,000 members in eight counties of north central Ohio. Our mission is improving the quality of life of our members & communities by providing high value energy & telecommunication services in environmentally responsible way. Our vision is to shape the future in our communities & be a top tier performing leader that spurs the future growth & economic vitality of our region.
Consolidated Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CEC), an electric distribution cooperative in Central Ohio dedicated to improving the quality of life for our members and communities, is seeking to fill a Line Mechanic A position. You’ll join a goal-oriented team where you’ll perform all types of work involved in the installation, maintenance, operation, removal, rearrangement and inspection of energized or de-energized facilities. The position may start as a Groundman with the requirement of advancing on to Line Mechanic A through the Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Ohio Line Worker Training (COLT) program. A current Line Mechanic A is preferred.
Applicants must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Completed Line Mechanic training courses or intend to complete Line Mechanic training courses as required through COLT
- A valid State of Ohio Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Good communication & leadership skills
- The ability to interpret simple blueprints, one-line diagrams, instruction manuals and construction drawings as well as work aloft on poles, towers & structures
- The ability to maintain a good working knowledge of various circuit connections, voltages of lines, phasing & transformer connections, switching devices, ability to interpret field prints & switching diagrams & know the fundamentals of electricity
- The ability to maintain good working knowledge of the tools & equipment used as well as knowledge of the Cooperative’s transmission & distribution standards
- The ability to place a priority on safety & abide by the Cooperative’s safety manual
This is a full-time career opportunity offering a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and an excellent benefit package.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply online, via email or complete an application in person at 5255 State Route 95, Mt. Gilead or 4993 State Route 521, Delaware on or before February 27, 2017.