Responsible for leading a team of Design and Construction Engineers in the execution of Transmission Capital Projects from Initiation of the Project through Closeout, Responsible for managing project budgets, Responsible for interfacing with other Client departments for addressing project needs, Responsible for managing a portfolio of projects in a given region, Responsible for communicating and interfacing with jurisdictional management for specific project needs, Responsible for using Client systems for cost and schedule reporting and management., Responsible for representing the project in regulatory hearings and preparing testimony where appropriate, Responsible for interfacing with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies regarding specific project needs, Responsible for negotiating and managing contracts and contractors, Must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment and manage employees without direct (hard line) authority, Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Strictly adhere to Client’s procedures (note that practically all work is covered by some type of procedure; either written or implied).
• Lead the efforts of Client and Contractor personnel towards the safe and successful completion of capital projects through distinct phases: Initiation, Definition, Execution (Design and Construction) and Closeout.
• Critical success factors
• Keep Program Manager apprised of status, issues and needs,
• Maintain good documentation,
• Continually follow-up on key activities
• Hold Client personnel accountable through their direct Supervisors,
• Develop Project Scoping Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler), etc.)
• Develop Project Execution Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler), one-line drawings (CAD & PDF - Designer), layouts (CAD & PDF - Designer), etc.)
• Develop funding requests for approval (Excel).
• Develop and maintain work orders for approval (Power Plant).
• Provide weekly status reports (e-Mail).
• Provide monthly status reports as required (e-Mail).
• Maintain electronic central project file (e-Room).
• Participate in routine project meetings (teleconference).
• Facilitate interactions with external Customers (phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.).
• Update Project Cost Sheets every month (Excel).
• With assistance from Scheduler, perform schedule maintenance once per week (P6).
• Provide records for all significant meetings (e-mail).
• Conduct Lessons Learned at the completion of each project and update the Lessons Learned database (Excel and e-Room).
• Participate in monthly budget reviews with Client Management.
• Update miscellaneous reports (Construction Report, etc.).
• Conduct Gate reviews with the Program Manager at the completion of each applicable Project Phase (Initiation, Definition and Closeout).
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without sponosrship now or in the future. Position is not eligible for OPT, CPT, H1B or TN sponsorship.
• Requires three (3) to five (5) years of Project Management experience, Electric Utility Transmission & Distribution experience required.
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical or Civil Preferred
• PMP certification is preferred
• Project Budget Responsibility from $250k to $100m+
• Requires a working knowledge of PMBOK
• Requires familiarity with Primavera software (v6.0 or newer)
• Must have a proven ability to lead many diverse teams through successful completion of projects from initiation to closeout
• Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Requires a proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (especially MS Word and MS Excel)