O&M Efficiencies Transformation through Technologies & Best Practice
May 16, 2019 • Webinar 2 pm ETRegister
Most utilities today are pushing their existing power plants longer and harder than ever. This can limit capital expenditures for new generations, but there’s a substantial trade off: operations and maintenance (O&M) costs are rising steeply.
Some organizations attempt to manage O&M costs by deferring maintenance, which often leads to unplanned risks and increased costs. Ultimately, many utilities are turning to new tools and long-term planning strategies to control costs.
Our latest webinar will provide guidance on how to reduce overtime, avert problems with ISOs and regulators, increase O&M bench time and generally get more value for every O&M dollar your utility spends. We'll also highlight:
- What causes utility O&M costs to spiral, for both coal and gas-fired central plants
- Optimizing routine (online) maintenance for generation
- Defining the scope of offline maintenance, and strategically managing change to that scope
- Increasing productivity by reducing project bottlenecks and delays
- Coordinating effectively and efficiently with staff and vendors
- Fostering a vision and transparency for effective long-term O&M planning