The Utility Services Group provides engineering services, project & construction management, project controls & scheduling services, and administrative support in the clients in the Utility sector.
Responsible for leading a team of Design and Construction Engineers in the execution of Transmission Capital Projects from Initiation of the Project through Closeout, Responsible for managing project budgets, Responsible for interfacing with other Client departments for addressing project needs, Responsible for managing a portfolio of projects in a given region, Responsible for communicating and interfacing with jurisdictional management for specific project needs, Responsible for using Client systems for cost and schedule reporting and management., Responsible for representing the project in regulatory hearings and preparing testimony where appropriate, Responsible for interfacing with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies regarding specific project needs, Responsible for negotiating and managing contracts and contractors, Must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment and manage employees without direct (hard line) authority, Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Strictly adhere to Client’s procedures (note that practically all work is covered by some type of procedure; either written or implied).
• Lead the efforts of Client and Contractor personnel towards the safe and successful completion of capital projects through distinct phases: Initiation, Definition, Execution (Design and Construction) and Closeout.
• Critical success factors
• Keep Program Manager apprised of status, issues and needs,
• Maintain good documentation,
• Continually follow-up on key activities
• Hold Client personnel accountable through their direct Supervisors,
• Develop Project Scoping Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler), etc.)
• Develop Project Charter
• Develop Project Execution Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler), one-line drawings (CAD & PDF - Designer), layouts (CAD & PDF - Designer), etc.)
• Develop funding requests for approval (Excel).
• Develop and maintain work orders for approval (Power Plant).
• Provide weekly status reports (e-Mail).
• Provide monthly status reports as required (e-Mail).
• Maintain electronic central project file (e-Room).
• Participate in routine Construction meetings (teleconference).
• Facilitate interactions with external Customers (phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.).
• Update Project Cost Sheets every month (Excel).
• With assistance from Scheduler, perform schedule maintenance once per week (P6).
• Provide records for all significant meetings (e-mail).
• Conduct Lessons Learned at the completion of each project and update the Lessons Learned database (Excel and e-Room).
• Participate in monthly budget reviews with Client Management.
• Update miscellaneous reports (Construction Report, etc.).
• Conduct Gate reviews with the Program Manager at the completion of each applicable Project Phase (Initiation, Definition and Closeout).
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsored immigration.
Strong preference for local candidates.
• Requires five (5) to ten (10) years of Project Management experience, Electric Utility Transmission & Distribution or Related Industry experience preferred.
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or Business Discipline.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred
• Requires a PMP Certification
• Project Budget Responsibility from $250k to $100m+
• Requires a working knowledge of PMBOK
• Requires familiarity with Primavera software (v6.0 or newer) and/or Microsoft Project
• Must have a proven ability to lead many diverse teams through successful completion of projects from initiation to closeout
• Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Requires a proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (especially MS Word and MS Excel)
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send an e-mail with resume attached to [email protected] Please reference Req# 1023.
Alternatively this link may be used-it will open an e-mail to careers with the Req# referenced.