EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. More than 30 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. As such, we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
EnergySavvy, a Seattle-based startup with the mission of reducing energy usage by helping utilities provide a smarter, more personalized customer experience, is looking for a high-energy Product Marketing Manager with Energy, Utility or Clean Tech experience to help make this vision a reality.
Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, this role will be the critical link between our product development and customer-facing organizations. This person will need to deeply understand our suite of utility customer experience solutions, and broader customer and market dynamics––and then function as an important influencer in the positioning, sales enablement and marketing strategy for those solutions.
In this role, it will be your responsibility to:
- Use customer meetings, informational meetings, sales system data (e.g., Salesforce.com, InsightSquared), and close sales team relationships to maintain a detailed understanding of intelligence gathered by sales about customer and prospect challenges.
- Translate your deep knowledge of rapidly evolving product features and capabilities into field Sales-focused selling tools. These include product features/benefits narratives, frameworks for value quantification, diagnostic questions, demo scripts, updated customer quotes and anecdotes, and competitive positioning.
- Be the go-to product demo expert for the sales team (especially for new or challenging selling situations), participating regularly in both in-person and remote sales calls.
- Use this knowledge as a key advisor into product development, resource prioritization and pricing. Partner closely with the Product Strategy Manager to understand and execute on these areas.
- Be the primary point of communication to the Sales, Marketing and Customer Engagement teams for understanding product plans and how they impact customers and prospects (i.e., all these customer-facing teams will look to you to understand what’s going on with our products).
- Use market and industry expertise to review and provide input into new or planned marketing content, collateral and campaigns.
- Quickly produce high-quality customer-facing content, as and when required.
- Provide ongoing sales enablement for key opportunities. This includes producing custom sales materials, contributing to RFI/RFP responses, attending customer meetings as a product subject matter expert, and advising on solutions strategy.
The ideal person will bring the following skills and experiences:
- 5+ years of product marketing or customer-facing product management experience in B2B SaaS technical products.
- A strong familiarity with the utility industry, particularly in utility-customer interactions (market dynamics, regulatory, technology innovations and new/existing players).
- An effective and polished presenter with a demonstrated history of customer-facing engagement and doing product demos, especially in sales situations.
- A strong business writer who can quickly produce a range of high quality, customer-facing content.
- A bias for action, with the ability to move quickly on and drive key projects to completion.
- Values fit with an organization that prides itself on valuing transparency, innovation, individual ownership and creating space for a diversity of well-informed opinions, regardless of where in the organization they come from.
- Preferred location is our Seattle headquarters, but open to other locations for more experienced candidates. Requires up to 25% travel (up to 50% if you're not based in Seattle).