Energy Aspects is a rapidly growing research consultancy covering global energy markets with a presence in London, New York, Houston and Singapore. We provide our clients with detailed analysis and market commentary via our publications and website (energyaspects.com), along with consultancy services.Our clients include international blue chips, financial institutions, governments and investment funds. We often break news stories that are time sensitive and can directly impact financial markets.
We are seeking a technically-savvy markets analyst to enhance our coverage of US power markets. You will need to have knowledge of organized US power or fuels markets, enabling you to take on an array of responsibilities. You will play a central role in our service and contribute to our broader energy analysis.
The successful candidate will play an active role in building and maintaining databases and models and carrying out detailed analysis on the US.
Our clients value our views and insights, so you will be helping to shape forward-looking views and not just conducting historical analysis. Ideally, you will already have a record of accomplishment in accurately forecasting developments in commodity markets.
You will be expected to consistently produce work at a high enough standard to send out to our demanding client base. We pride ourselves on our product. We are meticulous about maintaining a high standard of accuracy across our services.
This position will require flexibility and the drive to go beyond the core hours when needed, ensuring we all fulfil our goals. All team members are encouraged to build their professional reputation within the industry and are supported by some of the most well-regarded energy sector commentators. You will be able to work independently, as well as be capable of planning and prioritising to achieve success. In exchange, we offer excellent remuneration, a high-performance culture, with challenging and exciting work.
- Maintaining and expanding data sets, using an appropriate range of tools to manage large volumes of data.
- Building or enhancing operating analytical models to provide detailed insights and forecasts.
- Helping to prepare many of our research publications including contributing to the analysis.
- Tracking developments in the power markets and interpreting how they impact our existing views.
- Continuously seek to increase your market knowledge and widen your network of contacts.
- You will likely have 2-4 years of experience analysing markets.
- An outstanding academic record with a relevant degree.
- Data analysis and coding skills using systems like Python, C++, SQL, MATLAB, R, Eviews etc. would be advantageous. Experience with EPIS Aurora, Energy Exemplar’s Plexos or other power dispatch models also extremely beneficial.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others, including colleagues in different time zones, to deliver timely analysis will be critical.
- Attention to detail is a prerequisite for this role in both handling data and written English.
- Strong Excel and modelling skills.