Zia Natural Gas Company, a division of Natural Gas Processing Co., is a local natural gas distribution company (gas utility). Zia currently serves approximately 38,000 customers in the state of New Mexico primarily in Colfax, Dona Ana, Lea, and Lincoln County. Zia also operates Wyoming Gas Company, a sister division in Wyoming serving approximately 7,000 customers. Zia has district offices in Hobbs, Ruidoso Downs, and Las Cruces, NM and in Worland, WY with the Division office located in Ruidoso Downs. Zia Natural Gas Company offers medical and dental insurance, profit sharing, and 401(k) savings plans. Zia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Engineering Manager for Zia Natural Gas Company will be responsible for the following duties:
· System Design;
· Engineering Specifications for operations department including customer meter and regulator set design;
· Assist with material specifications for operations department;
· Work with GIS Department on system information database;
· Review and implementation of new technology;
· Cathodic Protection Review and Maintenance;
· Large Construction Project Management;
· Assist in permitting and ROW for construction work;
· Regulatory compliance with all PHMSA regulations pertaining to pipeline safety;
· Budget development and review;
· Continuation of 5-yr capital infrastructure plan;
· Assist with Regulatory Compliance filing such as Purchased Gas Adjustment Clause, Integrated Resource Planning, Gas Quality, Annual Reporting, and Energy Efficiency;
· Variety of other tasks and projects and requested.
The position will be based out of Ruidoso Downs, NM, but the Manager must be able to travel to the other districts including the office in Worland, WY.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a B.S. in Engineering with Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred. Qualified candidate must also have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the natural gas utility and regulatory compliance industry. Operational knowledge of the plumbing, construction, or facility management industry would also be a benefit.