Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is a new Community Choice Aggregation / Joint Powers Authority formed to provided electricity services to retail customers in Southern California. With 31 member agencies, CPA will be the largest CCA in California, serving over three million residents and businesses through more than one million customer accounts, and with an annual energy load exceeding 15 terawatt hours.
CPA is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented team member to provide analytical and project management support to CPA staff, under the supervision of the Director of Power Planning & Procurement. This is a challenging opportunity to play a key role in restructuring Southern California's energy market to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide local choice in energy supply and services. To be successfull you must:
- Have high attentionh to detail with strong organizational skills
- Work independently with minimum supervision and as at eam member
- Handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and escalate key issues
- Work accurately and swiftly under pressure
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing and have the ability to translate complex technical information into non-technical language
- Have a higher tolerance for uncertainty but know how to bring things to resolution
- Have a strong work ethic benefitting a start-up environment
The Power Supply & Compliance Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing support to CPA's resource planning and energy supply portfolio and procurement efforts. Key duties include:
- Position Monitoring: Work with consultants and senior management to monitor positions and complete risk analysis for CPA's energy supply portfolio, including power generation, load forecasting, and counterparty credit, and deliver critical financial reporting information
- Procurement: Assist with administration of RFOs and review and analyze proposals for electric power supply
- Compliance: Assist with preparation of various compliance reports and materials related to power supply and manage renewable energy certificate accounts within the WREGIS system
- Resource Planning: Conduct analysts to support CPA's long-term procurement planning efforts, including development of long-term resource plans, strategic plans, strategic plans, and customer/community programs
- Market Analysis: Research and assess market conditions and trends to guide CPA's procurement strategies
- Management Support: Prepare effective reports and presentations for management and Board communications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, business administration or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in financial and/or quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated experience in energy markets
- Demonstrated experience with forecasting and performing cost/benefit and trend analyses
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex financial, regulatory, and/or business problems
- Highly proficient with Excel. Experience utilizing, developing, validating, and presenting financial models. Ability to build reports and work with large volumes of data.
Start date: CPA anticipates filling this position in September, though it will remain open until filled. Candidates should send a resume with 3 references to [email protected] A succinct and well-written cover letter is encouraged.
Salary and Benefits: CPA offers competitive salaries benchmarked against other CCAs and public agencies. Benefits include health care, a 401 (k) match program, three weeks paid vacation, and sick leave. This is not a civil service position.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles.
Culture: CPA fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. As a small team seeking to build the largest CCA in California, high levels of trust and mission alignment will be key to individual and team success.
Commitment to Diversity: CPA is made up of geographically and socioeconomically diverse members and intends to build a staff reflecting that diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.