Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) is a full service consulting firm for electric utilities, independent power producers, industry associations, regulators and commercial and industrial electric users.
The approximate 85 professionals at PSE include engineers, business professionals, economists, and financial analysts. Our team has extensive experience in all facets of the utility industry. We are 100% employee-owned and independent, which gives our clients the confidence that our team is motivated to satisfy their needs and represent their interests.
PSE has an immediate opening for a full-time entry-level Utility Rate and Financial Analyst located in our Topeka, KS area office. This individual will be responsible for providing analysis and consulting services to PSE clients for a wide range of economic and financial engagements.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on the business needs of the company. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in the completion of various utility rate and financial studies in a project team environment.
- Analyze, interpret, and report on client financial statements and performance.
- Help prepare cost allocation studies used to assess and design utility rates.
- Assist with developing innovative rates and policies in consideration of: cost structures, price signals, distributed energy resources, net metering, value of solar, demand-side management, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of analysis and exhibits as needed to support expert testimony.
- Assist with the review and audit of financial and management policies for PSE clients.
- Develop forecasts of costs and revenues using trend or regression analysis.
To accomplish the above tasks, it is crucial the individual is capable of:
- Managing and documenting progress on assigned tasks, deadlines and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Gathering and processing substantial amounts of data in Microsoft Excel.
The following are minimum requirements of this position.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or mathematics is strongly preferred.
- Possess strong organizational skills needed to participate in multiple project teams simultaneously while completing tasks on time, target, and budget.
- Possess the ability and drive to produce excellent work product, learn new concepts, develop skills, and be a strong team player.
- Be client oriented.
- Possess high business ethics.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Basic knowledge of electric utility systems a plus.