Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Saratoga Springs, NY; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in smart, measurable, and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our core company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious. Our customers are vitally important to us, and we pride ourselves on stellar customer service. Our team members are ambassadors, representing Cascade Energy, striving to keep our values top of mind, working to ensure we are responsive, and consistently delighting our customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an Account Manager to join the team delivering Energy Trust of Oregon’s Production Efficiency Program. The Account Manager serves as a primary point of contact for industrial and agricultural customers. The Account Manager is responsible for engaging customers, identifying and evaluating compelling energy saving projects, and then assisting customers to bring those projects to fruition through the technical support and financial incentives offered by Energy Trust’s Production Efficiency Program. This role requires both customer engagement skills and a strong technical background. Candidates with an engineering background, and an understanding of typical sub-systems within industrial settings, will be given preference.
This full-time, exempt position is located in our Portland, Oregon office, and reports to the Program Manager. The position requires approximately 15-20% travel, most of which is local.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Develop and cultivate strong, long-term, professional relationships with industrial customer contacts
- Promote participation in Energy Trust’s Production Efficiency Program by identifying, promoting, and developing energy efficiency (EE) projects with the goal of hitting overall savings targets
- Conduct site visits and work with customers to identify and evaluate a range of energy efficiency opportunities including capital upgrades and operational and maintenance opportunities
- Analyze energy efficiency opportunities
- Conduct diagnostic fieldwork to measure power, current, pressure, temperature, etc. to support analysis work or measurement and verification.
- Review and provide quality control of energy efficiency analysis and studies conducted by others
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Support customers toward timely and successful completion of projects to meet program goals.
- Support successful communication and collaboration between Energy Trust, customers, vendors, and other Cascade team members.
- Help customers improve their energy management practices through Energy Trust’s strategic energy management (SEM) offerings
Successful candidates will possess a combination of both technical and interpersonal skills. For this role, we seek candidates with a successful, relevant histories encompassing the following competencies. It is not essential to have a history with every qualification on the list.
- Fostering long-term positive customer relationships
- Motivating and influencing customers on technical projects and topics
- Discerning the roles, motivations, and needs of customers and turned that insight into strategies and plans
- Supporting customers and projects within utility energy efficiency programs
- Applying energy efficiency expertise - particularly in the industrial or agricultural sectors
- Analyzing energy systems – particularly mechanical systems found within industry
- Developing a solid understanding of industrial energy efficiency basics (i.e., what systems use energy, how they use energy, what methods exist for reducing energy use)
- Speaking and presenting effectively with the ability to adapt communication style to various audiences (operations to executive staff)
- Writing clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Managing capital projects through implementation
- Managing and tracking a large number of projects and tasks simultaneously
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in mechanical or chemical engineering or a similar field
- Understanding of industrial technologies and energy efficiency best practices
- Strong engineering analysis skills using MS Excel
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Our team enjoys a flexible work schedule in a professional yet casual environment in the historic Eastside Exchange building, surrounded by windows with great views. We are close to transit and provide a free, annual Tri-Met Pass, free parking in our lot, indoor bike storage, plus locker rooms with showers. Cascade promotes a healthy work-life balance, and appreciates employee contribution in all areas. We walk the talk about our commitment to learning constantly, with a focus on the ongoing development of every team member, and a tuition reimbursement program.
To apply, please submit an application via the Careers Page of our website. Applications cannot be considered unless a resume and cover letter (PDFs please!) describing what about our team or the position resonates with you, and how your experience could make you a great fit for the role, are included. Professional references will be requested from finalists. College transcripts will be requested from applicants having less than five years engineering experience.
Please, no phone calls.
Please, no outside recruiters or agencies.
Cascade Energy is not able to provide sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S.
Cascade Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment