Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, Oregon; Eugene, Oregon; Issaquah, Washington; Walla Walla, Washington; Pleasant Grove, Utah; Meridian, Idaho; Park Ridge, Illinois; Pleasanton, California; and San Diego, California.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in smart, measurable, and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our core company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious. Our customers are vitally important to us, and we pride ourselves on stellar customer service. Our team members are ambassadors, representing Cascade Energy, striving to keep our values top of mind, working to ensure we are responsive, and consistently delighting our customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Outreach Manager is responsible for the delivery of Energy Trust of Oregon’s Production Efficiency Program. The Outreach Manager assists Energy Trust by representing the Production Efficiency Program to industrial facilities for the development and implementation of energy saving projects, resulting in substantial energy efficiency incentives for the participating end users. The specific goal of the Outreach Manager is to identify and engage industrial and agricultural customers who have not yet participated in Energy Trust programs – or customers whose participation has stopped or significantly diminished. The Outreach Manager will serve as a point of contact for these customers to get them started, restarted, or engaged with the program through their first project.
This full-time, exempt position is located in our Portland, Oregon office, and reports to the Program Delivery Manager. The position requires approximately 20-25% travel, most of which is local.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Identify eligible, but unengaged customers through market research
- Recruit and promote participation in the industrial energy efficiency program
- Generate leads from cold calls and networking with industrial customers. This work extends to networking with vendors who sell energy-intensive equipment to the industrial sectors, also industry and professional associations closely connected to the industrial and agriculture sectors
- Develop and cultivate strong, professional relationships with industrial customer contacts
- Promote participation in Energy Trust’s Production Efficiency Program by identifying and developing energy efficiency (EE) projects with the goal of producing a first “quick win” or “quality win” project
- Effectively collaborate with more deeply technical team members to support and advance fundamentally
- Conduct site visits and work with customers to identify and evaluate a range of energy efficiency opportunities including capital upgrades and operational and maintenance opportunities
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Support successful communication and collaboration between Energy Trust, customers, vendors, and other Cascade team members
- Providing regular reporting of lead generation, project status or other data as directed by program management
- Ability to seamlessly hand off newly established clients to other program delivery team
For this role, we seek candidates with a successful, relevant histories encompassing the following competencies. Successful candidates will possess a combination of marketing, technical and interpersonal skills. It is not essential to have a history with every qualification on the list.
- Listening, motivating, and influencing skills are critical to success in this role
- Discerning the roles, motivations, and needs of customers and turning that insight into strategies and plans
- Fostering long-term positive customer relationships
- Speaking and presenting effectively with the ability to adapt communication style to various audiences (operations to executive staff)
- Writing clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Accessing and leveraging market databases and other sources of information to identify potential customers
- Supporting customers and projects within utility energy efficiency programs
- Identifying viable energy efficiency projects through a combination of walkthroughs, customer interviews, and data review
- Developing a solid understanding of industrial energy efficiency basics (i.e., what systems use energy, how they use energy, what methods exist for reducing energy use, how to calculate savings potential)
- Managing and tracking a large number of projects and tasks simultaneously
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in mechanical or chemical engineering preferred, but not required, or equivalent education in another applicable concentration
- 5+ years’ professional experience in engineering, technical sales, or a similar field
- Experience with utility energy efficiency programs (preferred)
- Energy efficiency experience with an emphasis on industry or agriculture
- Strong engineering analysis skills
- Technical sales experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Our team enjoys a flexible work schedule in a professional yet casual environment in the historic Eastside Exchange building, surrounded by windows with great views. We are close to transit and provide a free, annual Tri-Met Pass, free parking in our lot, indoor bike storage, plus locker rooms with showers. Cascade promotes a healthy work-life balance and appreciates employee contribution in all areas. We walk the talk about our commitment to learning constantly, with a focus on the ongoing development of every team member, and a tuition reimbursement program.
To apply, please submit an application via the Careers Page of our website. Applications cannot be considered unless a resume and cover letter (pdf’s please!) describing what about our team or the position resonates with you, and how your experience could make you a great fit for the role, are included. Professional references will be requested from finalists. College transcripts will be requested from applicants having less than five years engineering experience.
Please, no phone calls.
Please, no outside recruiters or agencies.
Cascade Energy is not able to provide sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S.