ARPA-E advances high-potential, high-impact energy technologies that are too early for private-sector investment. ARPA-E projects have the potential to radically improve U.S. economic security, national security, and environmental well-being. ARPA-E empowers America’s energy researchers with funding, technical assistance, and market readiness.
ARPA-E is seeking highly motivated technology-to-market experts who have a unique mix of technical, business and entrepreneurial experience to help create high-impact energy technology development programs and prepare teams and technologies for commercial markets. Tech-to-Market (T2M) Advisors are expected to have core skills in business development/technical marketing, product development, supply chains, and/or financial analysis. T2M Advisors should also possess excellent coaching and team development skills to guide ARPA-E awardees in the development and execution of technology commercialization strategies.
The most competitive candidates will have strong energy industry experience and will have managed the commercialization of a technology. According to her/his mix of skills & experience, T2M Advisors will work on a combination of direct project management and broader market development activities including:
- Advising project teams on market, strategy, business planning, IP, product development, and supply chain considerations
- Customer discovery to assess market requirements; developing market studies
- Performing techno-economic analyses to inform new programs or funded projects
- Targeting public and private follow-on funding sources
- Conducting site visits to meet the project teams and evaluate commercialization activity, often in conjunction with ARPA-E’s technical Program Directors
- Facilitating and organizing commercialization workshops and mentorship programs
- Representing ARPA-E in front of a range of stakeholders (investors, corporations, government agency partners, etc.)
- Supporting ARPA-E leadership in the planning, preparation, and implementation of policies and strategies for technology commercialization
Technology-to-Market Advisors will report to the ARPA-E Deputy Director for Commercial Development, and will serve full time for a minimum of 3 years at ARPA-E's headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- 5 to 30 years of work experience, including a combination of technology/research and business experience; startup/entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- PhD or MBA degree is desired, graduate degree is required
- Strong technical backgrounds are preferred, including engineering, technology development or scientific research
- Superior analytical skills with experience in areas such as market research, financial analysis, product development and/or supply chain/manufacturing
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical and/or financial ideas and concepts to wide-range of audiences
- Demonstrated interest/expertise in energy and energy technologies
- US Citizenship is required
Highly motivated candidates should submit a CV and cover letter at http://arpae.recruiterbox.com/jobs/20538. Questions can be directed via email to [email protected] with the words “Technology-to-Market Advisor” in the subject heading.