Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is a new Community Choice Aggregation/Joint Powers Authority formed to provide electricity services to retail customers in Southern California. With 31 member agencies, CPA will be the largest CCA in California and 5th largest electric utility in the State, serving over three million residents and businesses though more than one million customer accounts.
CPA is seeking an experienced, customer-focused professional to join our growing team as Key Accounts Manager. This is a challenging opportunity to play a key role in restructuring Southern California’s energy market to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide local choice in energy supply and services.
The Key Accounts Manager is responsible for managing relationships with CPA’s largest non-residential customers and introducing those customers to CPA’s unique program and rate offerings. This includes analyzing customers’ energy needs, developing strategies for customers to minimize costs, and working with the CPA marketing and rates teams to develop innovative offerings based on feedback from customers. The Key Accounts Manager must be adept at building relationships with customers while working in a rapidly evolving market environment.
Key duties include:
• Key Accounts: Establish relationships with and serve as point of contact and internal advocate for major energy users and customer classes, with an emphasis on customer retention and access to CPA programs and services.
• Community Outreach: Represent CPA at industry events to clearly articulate its vision for cleaner power at competitive rates and local control, and identify stakeholders and organizations that CPA should engage to benefit and enhance its key customers’ experience.
• Customer Engagement: Manage CPA’s communications to key non-residential customers through multiple channels, including direct engagement, targeted marketing campaigns, and use of CPA’s website and call center.
• Rate & Program Development Support: Be an internal customer advocate for the development of customer programs that will be responsive to customers energy needs while advancing CPA’s mission.
• Marketing & Communications: Work with CPA’s marketing team to engage customers in CPA offerings and develop messaging that speaks to the needs of key customers.
• Team Work: Collaborate with CPA teams for Procurement, Data Analytics & Technology Integration, Finance, Legislative & Regulatory, and other departments to ensure key customers’ issues are captured and contribute to the organization’s mission.
• Board Relations: Prepare and deliver effective staff reports and presentations for the CPA Board and Board Committees.
• Executive Support: assist the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Head of Local Government Relations in developing an an outreach strategy for key customers and participate in other strategic efforts for customer engagement.
Must have experience with account management in the energy industry. Understanding of energy rates and utility program offerings is required. Successful candidate must be willing to frequently travel to customer sites across Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
Candidates should send resume with 3 references to [email protected] A succinct and well-written cover letter is encouraged.