Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.
Puget Sound Energy’s Pricing and Cost of Service Department is looking for a Senior Regulatory Analyst to join our team. A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Assist with strategy for implementing company policy and directives in regulatory proceedings through data analysis, rate research, statistical analysis, graphical representations, expert testimony, witness support, and other duties as assigned. Prepares, collects, compiles, analyzes, and reports on technical, demographic, and financial data of the utility to serve as a basis for preparation of cost of service, regulatory reporting, rate setting and pricing, load forecasting, product and service development, and other financial planning. Provides expert testimony or witness assistant support in regulatory proceedings
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level.
- Prepare regulatory filings, reports, and rate case testimony
- Provide statistical and analytical support on pricing, rate design, and cost allocation.
- Participate inandsupportforthedevelopmentregulatorypolicyand
- Works cooperatively with staff from other departments to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and obtains input from others in aligning regulatory proposals with company objectives.
- Acquire data from multiple data sources, interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports for regulatory filings and internal reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, statistics, finance or applicable field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5 years of utility experience and a thorough understanding of state regulation of electric and gas utilities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- CPA, MBA, and/or Master’s degree (in economics or statistics a plus).
- Understanding of the fundamentals of cost of service studies and resource planning.
- Experience strategically implementing data research and drafting testimony or other regulatory filings.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Experience in load research and profiling using load research software.
- Programming experience.