Founded in 1974, Power System Engineering (PSE) has been providing professional engineering and consulting services for more than 40 years. Serving the electric utility, energy, agricultural and industrial sectors throughout North America, we are making a difference by uniting innovative solutions with proven approaches that bridge today’s framework to tomorrow’s comprehensive infrastructure and platform required for a stronger economy, a sustainable future, and a better way of life. Our team consists of engineers, economists, consultants, analysts, and technicians who share the values of client relationships, colleagues, integrity, opportunity, safety, and community.
We are forward-thinking professionals helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals.
PSE has an immediate opening for a full-time entry-level Utility Rate and Financial Analyst located in our Minneapolis, MN area office. This individual will be responsible for providing analysis and consulting services to PSE clients for a wide range of economic and financial engagements.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on the business needs of the company. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Participate in the completion of various utility rate and financial studies in a project team environment.
2. Manage and document progress on assigned tasks, deadlines and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Analyze, interpret, and report on client financial statements and performance.
4. Help prepare cost allocation studies used to assess and design utility rates.
5. Prepare comparison of rates between a variety of utilities.
6. Assist with developing innovative rates and policies in consideration of: cost structures, price signals, distributed energy resources, net metering, value of solar, demand-side management, etc.
7. Assist in the preparation of analysis and exhibits as needed to support expert testimony.
8. Assist with the review and audit of financial and management policies for PSE clients.
9. Develop forecasts of costs and revenues using trend or regression analysis.
To accomplish the above tasks, it is crucial the individual is capable of:
• Managing and documenting progress on assigned tasks, deadlines and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Gathering and processing substantial amounts of data in Microsoft Excel.
• Possess the ability to work as a team, independently and on occasion remotely.
The following are minimum requirements of this position.
1. A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or mathematics is strongly preferred.
2. Possess strong organizational skills needed to participate in multiple project teams simultaneously while completing tasks on time, target, and budget.
3. Possess the ability and drive to produce excellent work product, learn new concepts, develop skills, and be a strong team player.
4. Value client relationships.
5. Possess integrity, honesty, accountability and have strong moral principles.
6. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
7. Ability to work with large data file sets and manipulate into workable formats
8. Basic knowledge of electric utility systems and interest in data analytics a plus.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter by May 3, 2019.