With offices in Irving and Washington, D.C., GridLiance plans, develops, owns and operates regulated transmission assets in the United States through its subsidiary, transmission-only companies.
GridLiance has oversight and financial support from Blackstone, one of the world’s leading investment firms. Blackstone has invested more than $8 billion of equity globally across a broad range of sectors within the energy industry and has a long history of successfully investing in energy infrastructure projects that deliver significant public benefits, including projects that lower generation costs, improve reliability and are environmentally friendly. Through Blackstone Energy Partners and Blackstone Capital Partners, GridLiance has substantial committed capital available to invest in new transmission projects around the country to deliver energy security to America.
Summary of Role:
The Manager, Utility Rates supports cost allocation, cost of service, revenue recovery, stated rate or FERC formula rate design and maintenance and related protocols, as well as related proposals in regulatory proceedings; develops/reviews/analyzes testimony, discovery, and other case materials. Leads efforts to develop and implement rate and cost recovery-related policies and programs and develops and maintains relationships with various internal and external stakeholders as part of the regulatory process. Develops and administers advice letters and tariffs. The Manager, Utility Rates also may be involved with the development of case materials, supporting expert witnesses, as well as be involved in process improvements, and other special projects or initiatives. Must adhere to and comply with company’s policies on safety and standard of conduct.
- Assists in the development or revision of proposals and analyses for submittal in regulatory proceedings.
- Analyzes data and models.
- Assists with preparing presentation of results.
- Assists in development and documentation of processes, guidelines, standards, and models.
- Serves as primary contact with RTOs to update open access transmission tariffs related to company’s rates.
- Runs existing quantitative models as assigned; assists in modifying existing analytical capabilities in new applications; and conducts quantitative, theoretical and policy research related to electric rate design, cost allocation, cost of service, and other rate issues.
- Conducts quantitative, theoretical and policy research related to electric transmission rates, and annual updates with impacted RTOs and customers.
- Responds to time-sensitive requests for quantitative and qualitative analyses of rate methodologies, rate-making and scenario development.
- Assists in preparation of analysis in support of emerging issues and economic trends.
- Acts as a witness assistant, writing sections of testimony; developing work papers and exhibits; preparing technical content of less complex data responses; reviewing, analyzing and summarizing third party testimony, regulatory proposals, pleadings, agreements and decisions.
- Manages all other duties as assigned.
- Establishes cross-organizational relationships.
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with federal open access transmission tariff rates.
- Proficient understanding of statistics, regression, cross sectional, and time series data analysis.
- Good interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and project management skills to effectively manage multiple assignments or a project with demanding time constraints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, etc.
- Basic quantitative and analytical skills to analyze and interpret data and effectively communicate findings.
- Basic understanding of FERC-regulated electric utility finance and accounting principles and terms.
- Knowledge of process improvement methods and techniques or change management