Founded in 1982, we are a global, privately held company. We have firmly established ourselves as a leader in providing cost-effective, innovative and complete solutions for Upstream, Downstream, and Midstream industries, including Oil and Gas, Marine and Terminals and Cement and Bulks as well as the Electrical Utility Services.
e Construction Manager (CM) will be engaged in the project from the initiation / definition phase through final commissioning and closeout. Below is list of activities / deliverables the CM may be involved in throughout the life cycle of a project from initiation to final commissioning and closeout. Project scopes vary as will the roles of the CM for each project.
• Assist the Construction Group to manage capital projects through the entire life cycle from definition to closeout;
• Participate as a member of project teams to develop project scope, project cost estimate, project schedule;
• Participate on site field / scope visits;
• Assist others in developing schedule including critical paths;
• Develop detailed construction plans and identify outage requirements to implement new facilities;
• Identify required permits;
• Develop detailed estimates;
• Work with Utility Company major accounts group regarding outages that affect external/internal customers;
• Develop construction contract bid packages; review responses and participate in vendor selection:
o Develop bid package / RFP
o Conduct pre-bid meeting with contractors
• Participate in design constructability reviews for all disciplines (site, foundation, electrical & relay, T-Line) to identify and eliminate costly expenses during the construction phase;
• Develop detailed construction plan, which includes a list of outages, exact work dates, and construction resource requirements;
• Identifies and addresses all project safety hazards and environmental concerns;
• Responsible for monitoring and routine reporting on project construction schedule and cost;
• Perform quality assurance checks during construction;
• Monitor schedule and progress versus requested in service date;
• Responsible for closeout of construction contracts and as-built documentation;
• Monitors that all Utility Company procedures and processes are followed ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements;
• Provide Construction Management over site to contractors responsible for constructing and commissioning Transmission Substations and Transmission Lines across the Utility Company System.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Construction Management or equivalent required, Masters degree preferred;
• Requires 5+ years of direct experience in Distribution, Transmission, or Substation facilities, specifically in the area of Project Management or Construction Management;
• PMP certification is desired; relevant experience will be considered;
• Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills;
• Requires a proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
• Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (especially MS Word and MS Excel).
• Work is conducted in an office environment (Private or Semi-Private Office) and requires occasional travel to off-site work locations.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant or construction atmosphere;
• Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel;
• Working plant, construction, and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels;
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection;
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes;
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.