Clean Power Alliance is Southern California’s locally operated community choice aggregation (CCA) electricity provider across 32 communities within Los Angeles and Ventura counties. We offer clean renewable energy at competitive rates for over one million customer accounts and have been operating since 2018.
CPA is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and enthused professional to join our growing External Affairs team as Marketing Coordinator. As the Marketing Coordinator, you will focus on developing our internal communications, with a heavy emphasis on writing and drafting content and managing various digital platforms. You will also provide support to the team for customer outreach/events.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Following Abilities:
• Be a strong writer who can write compellingly and clearly
• Translate complex technical information into accessible messages to diverse audiences
• Work well with elected officials and government staff to build regional brand awareness and collaborate on community marketing and outreach
• Enjoy engaging with passionate stakeholders
• Have a high tolerance for uncertainty but know how to bring things to resolution • Have a strong work ethic and be comfortable taking initiative/working in a fast paced, start-up environment
• Work well on diverse teams and with consultants and be highly collaborative Duties and Responsibilities
• Write and design customer-facing materials, with an emphasis on supporting new customer program marketing and tailoring marketing/messaging to commercial and corporate accounts
• Create social media/website content and campaigns and be well versed in social media platforms and metrics
• Maintain CPA website and track performance using Google analytics
• Coordinate design and promotion of different types of customer notifications, including customer and stakeholder e-newsletters and other digital engagement
• Draft messaging and materials for our Customer Service Center to address customer needs
• Create internal organizational/maintenance system for all CPA materials
• Support and coordinate the creation of an annual report
• Launch a customer survey initiative to track feedback from all types of customers
• Help vet sponsorship / business development opportunities for CPA
• Support community outreach team activities including representing CPA at community events, exhibitor tables, and other industry networking
• Assist CPA in coordinating, marketing, and producing various events, workshops, and conferences throughout the year
• Other duties as assigned
Candidates must have at least 3 years of marketing/communications and direct customer engagement experience, preferably in the energy or local government sector. Start-up experience and a track record of building and maintaining customer communications platforms is highly desired.
Candidates should send a succinct and well-written cover letter, resume with 3 references, and two writing samples (one public facing piece and one technical/academic style piece) to [email protected]