The Coalition for Community Solar Access (“CCSA”) is seeking qualified applicants for three “Regional Director” positions to cover the Northeastern, Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern regions of the US. Please visit our website to view the job descriptions for each region (http://www.communitysolaraccess.org/jobs/). The anticipated start date for these positions is Q4 2019. CCSA is growing organization working to open, protect, and serve markets for community solar across the country.
The Regional Director will serve as lead for all new and existing community solar markets in their region. The Regional Director will guide development and implementation of community solar programs to meet organizational Core Principles and ensure market best practices. The Regional Director will report to CCSA’s Executive Director. CCSA is a fast paced, mission driven, collegial, and fun work environment. The ideal candidate will share CCSA’s mission to expand access to solar for all, and fit the fast paced and self-starting culture.
- Ability to guide policy and market goals in state regulatory processes
- Ability to effectively manage coalitions of stakeholders across multiple states
- Ability to efficiently manage CCSA Member input within organizational Committee process; working alongside the Board of Directors, Members and broader coalitions of local stakeholders
- Ability to co-lead thought leadership development of policy positions of CCSA with the Executive Director
- Represent CCSA at in person and virtual regulatory and stakeholder events
- Manage and co-produce written comments in regulatory proceedings (primarily state-level)
- Interface with external stakeholders including allied industry organizations and NGO's to advance CCSA's policy goals
- Provide input into long-term planning for industry and organization
- Provide feedback and basic support to Executive Director efforts to recruit and retain Members, and raise non-Member dues revenues
- Provide input into communications efforts to support policy priorities
- Prefer location that enables affordable, efficient travel to states within their region– either centrally located or near a major transit hub (New York, Boston, Chicago, Denver, etc).
- Flexible worksite - e.g. home or shared worksite.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Coalition for Community Solar Access (CCSA) Mission and Core Principles
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.
We promote policies, programs, and practices that:
- Allow all consumers the opportunity to participate in and directly economically benefit from the construction and operation of new clean energy assets.
- Provide equal access for developers to build and operate community solar projects and interconnect those projects to the serving utility’s grid.
- Incorporate a fair bill credit mechanism that provides subscribers with an economic benefit commensurate with the value of the long-term, clean, locally-sited energy produced by community solar projects.
- Support the participation of diverse customer types in community solar programs, and encourage customer choice with providers, product features, and attributes to catalyze innovation and best serve customers.
- Ensure that community solar projects are operated and maintained well to protect customers and developers’ investment.
- Ensure full and accurate disclosure of customer benefits and risks in a standard, comparable manner that presents customers with performance and cost transparency.
- Comply with applicable securities, tax, and consumer protection laws to reduce customer risk and protect the customer.
- Encourage transparent, non-discriminatory utility rules on siting, and interconnecting projects, and collaboration with utilities to facilitate efficient siting and interconnection.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of the community solar market and ensure a beneficial role for all parties in the partnerships forged between subscriber, developer, and utility.
- Minimum 5+ years work experience in public policy and advocacy
- Potential for ~25% travel requirement to stakeholder meetings in their region
- Significant experience working in state regulatory processes
- Comfort with electricity market dynamics, with focus on solar energy policy
- Familiarity with state lobbying ethics rules and responsibility to file appropriate registrations and disclosures
- Self-starter, with strong political instincts, and ability to work remotely and while traveling
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to CCSA Executive Director, Jeff Cramer [email protected] with email header “CCSA Regional Director Application – YOUR NAME”. The positions filled will depend on the qualifications of the candidates.