GridLiance plans, develops, owns, and operates regulated transmission assets in the United States through its subsidiary, transmission-only companies.
GridLiance has oversight and financial support from Blackstone, one of the world’s leading investment firms. Blackstone has a long history of successfully investing in energy infrastructure projects that deliver significant public benefits, including projects that lower generation costs, improve reliability, and are environmentally friendly. Through Blackstone, GridLiance has substantial committed capital available to invest in new transmission projects that bring value to both our partners and rate payers. Blackstone has invested over $8 billion of equity globally across a broad range of sectors within the energy industry.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The GridLiance NERC Compliance Analyst will report to the Manager, NERC Compliance and will be responsible for NERC Reliability (693) and Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) documentation and evidence management as well as NERC standards tracking, formal report submittals for existing and new NERC standards and requirements for company-owned Bulk Electric System (BES) assets, and other NERC compliance related tasks as assigned.
Our ideal candidate is anticipative, organized, task and detail-oriented, flexible, creative, forward-thinking and passionate about their work.
- Support all operating companies’ North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) compliance requirements in maintaining and managing electronic evidence for ongoing compliance reporting, certifications, and NERC audits.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to strengthen and promote the NERC Internal Compliance Program (NICP) of GridLiance.
- Monitor existing and new standard requirements, identify potential impact to NICP and communicate any impacts to the compliance, operations, planning, regulatory personnel and affected Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Coordinate with 3rd party consultants, as appropriate, and provide technical guidance to the Manager of NERC Compliance, and SMEs for implementation of procedures, processes and internal controls in day-to-day business operations to assure seamless compliance with applicable NERC requirements.
- Assist SMEs and involved personnel in managing appropriate evidence of compliance. Periodically review SME documentation and evidence to assure accuracy and completeness. Review and revise new procedures and processes with controls to ensure compliance performance.
- Assist in development of compliance program procedures with process maps and work plans.
- Assist in the coordination of the compliance training activities with 3rd party training support and SMEs to develop and deliver the training to applicable personnel and contractors to ensure those responsible for compliance maintain an adequate level of expertise.
- Conduct periodic reviews of internal compliance procedures, analysis, planning, and implementation of required changes. Support activities related to compliance assurance, internal compliance reviews, internal audits, external audits, self-certifications, self-reports, periodic data submittals, exception reporting and investigations from FERC, NERC, NERC Regional Authorities, or Regional Transmission Organizations. (RTOs).
- Actively participate in NERC self-reporting and audit preparation and implementation. Support post-audit activities, such as responding to alleged violations and coordinate hearing efforts. Support self-report development and mitigation plan development.
- Actively participate in peer group, trade associations or NERC Standards development teams to leverage the GridLiance positions regarding compliance issues. Support efforts to develop and maintain business relations with NERC, NERC Regional Authorities, and RTOs personnel. Support the development of formal comments where the GridLiance positions are properly included in the NERC standard development process.
- Provide SME level expertise in the implementation, use, and administration of an automated compliance support tool and regional authority electronic reporting submittals.
- Oversee protected storage of compliance evidence in company SharePoint library and/or automated reliability management compliance tool/platform.
- Other tasks, duties and training as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent, combined with two (2) years directly related experience; OR Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent, combined with three (3) years directly related experience; OR Bachelor degree in Accounting or Project Management with three (3) years directly related experience in NERC compliance, audits and controls. Electric utility operations, transmission planning, and/or NERC regional entity experience – a plus.
- Ability to learn and become highly proficient, the SME, with automated compliance support tool/platform (AssurX, SigmaFlow or other)
- Must have the ability to work independently and perform the activities necessary to complete work assignments described in the position description.
- Work requires attention to detail and the completion of reports, which require a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments. Hands-on strategic approach and team player mentality with high degree of accountability.
- Must have the ability to communicate with individuals, small and large groups. This includes regular communications with operations, transmission planning, engineering, and maintenance subject matter experts.
- Ability to analyze data and reports and conduct research.
- Must have problem-solving skills and be able to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in use of computer software programs (including Microsoft Office e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and project management).
- Use of computer screens for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to travel 25% of the time is required
- Ability to work in an environment that may require lifting of 40+ pounds