Every year, Industry Dive recognizes some of the top people, companies, groups and events that helped shape the sectors it covers. In 2019, Utility Dive highlighted the efforts of several influential players in the energy sector. This year, we're looking for submissions to launch the process. Industry Dive's theme for the 2020 awards, recognizing this year's challenging events, is "leadership in a time of crisis."
This year's categories will be:
- Executive of the Year: Any person acting as a C-suite level executive of an electric utility or of a company that owns utility subsidiaries in the United States during 2020
- Utility of the Year: An electric utility providing power to customers in the United States in 2020
- Policymaker or Regulator of the Year: A United States official serving on a federal or state public utility regulatory commission, within a federal or state agency, or in an elected position on the federal or state level in 2020
How the process works
- Submit your nominations via this form any time through Sept. 30. People or groups can nominate themselves. Email addresses are required for all submissions. All information will be confidential.
- Utility Dive staff will review the information submitted and follow up for clarification as needed.
- Utility Dive staff will evaluate reader preferences, consult confidentially with power sector experts and make a final assessment.
- Nominees selected will be contacted by mid-October and asked to schedule interviews for profile stories.
- The Utility Dive Award profile stories will be published in December.
Frequently asked questions
What if I don't have answers to all questions on the form? We encourage you to include as much information as possible and consult with your nominees if necessary to secure that information. If you do not have all the necessary information, you may leave the box blank, but incomplete submissions may not receive full consideration.
Who will see these submissions? Information submitted will be confidential and available to select members of the Industry Dive editorial team.
Which power sector experts will be consulted? As with all of our reporting, Utility Dive will draw on a variety of trusted sources to gauge their opinions on finalists. Utility Dive will consider their input, but ultimately make the final decision. People or groups that are nominated will not be consulted as sources in their respective categories.
What if I have additional questions? Please email us at [email protected]