Herman K. Trabish, D.C., has been a Doctor of Chiropractic in private practice for 25 years but some years ago he realized his strategy to fix the planet one person at a time was moving too slowly. An accidental encounter with Daniel Yergin's The Prize led to a protracted study of the bloody, fiery history of oil and then to Trabish's Oil In Their Blood "trilogy" (http://www.oilintheirblood.com), a pair of historical novels on oil history still waiting to find a happy ending.
Trabish was raised up from the horrific side of energy's history by mentor Paul MacCready, one of the founding fathers of the modern renewable energy business. A five-year apprenticeship as the sole force behind NewEnergyNews (http://www.newenergynews.net) followed. His best effort to achieve competence on the energy generation beat is ongoing at Utility Dive under the tutelage of an unusually tolerant editorial staff.
1641 ARTICLES BY Herman K. Trabish
- Dec. 13, 2018 As PacifiCorp and other analyses point to more coal shutdowns, replacement questions rise
- Dec. 6, 2018 California utilities prep nation's biggest time-of-use rate rollout
- Nov. 27, 2018 New Hampshire settlement moves 'cutting-edge' utility BTM storage pilot forward
- Nov. 20, 2018 New Microsoft contract could expand corporate renewable energy deals to smaller buyers
- Nov. 14, 2018 APS spent millions defeating Prop 127. Is a clean energy compromise ahead?
- Nov. 13, 2018 Locational value of DER is essential to grid planning. So why hasn't anyone found it?
- Nov. 6, 2018 Pennsylvania utilities push back on 'prescriptive' ratemaking regulation
- Nov. 1, 2018 Nevada's Question 3 pits retail choice against uncertainty in battle of billionaires
- Oct. 30, 2018 Western Regionalization Plan B: Utilities take an interim step to expand the grid
- Oct. 25, 2018 California regulators prod utilities to start drafting roadmap to 100% clean energy
- Oct. 23, 2018 Virtual contracts drive a boom in corporate renewables procurement
- Oct. 22, 2018 New campaign will ask coal users to face the 'cold hard economic case' against them
- Oct. 18, 2018 Can the price of rooftop solar keep falling?
- Oct. 15, 2018 California strives to nix its natural gas habit without letting the lights go out
- Oct. 15, 2018 Business Models: What utilities can learn from Amazon and Netflix about the future of ratemaking
- Oct. 9, 2018 Are regulators hindering EV acceleration?
- Oct. 1, 2018 True Value: To get to tomorrow's grid, DER grid services must be compensated right today
- Sept. 27, 2018 'Not your grandma's DER': Distributed resources modernize, prove value to grid
- Sept. 20, 2018 As California leads way with TOU rates, some call for simpler solutions
- Sept. 18, 2018 California customer choice at a crossroads: Regulators to weigh 3 key issues next week
- Sept. 13, 2018 Renewables: As rooftop solar expands, states grapple with successors to net metering
- Sept. 11, 2018 California has a 100% clean energy goal, but not the laws to get it there, critics say
- Sept. 10, 2018 Developers see value in California offshore wind development
- Sept. 6, 2018 Co-op solar boom raises questions about coal in utility power mixes
- Aug. 30, 2018 Two roads diverging: Pennsylvania lawmakers rethink their renewables mandate